I obviously have a serious sweet tooth and I love a good caramel apple. They remind me of when I was a kid and my dad would take me and my brother to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (in La Jolla, not the Rocky Mountains). We were allowed to get one treat each – I would always pick a chocolate caramel apple. Lucky for me, they are very easy, albeit a little messy, to make. Here’s my simple DIY in 4 steps.
Ingredients needed (for 4):
- 4 apples + popsicle sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels
- 1 (10 or 12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Milk (approx 4 Tbsp)
- Toppings (i.e. sprinkles, nuts, whatever you want!)
1. Wash apples and push popsicle sticks into the apple’s center – set aside. Place unwrapped caramels in bowl with 2 Tbsp milk; Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
View original post 172 more words