Category Archives: White Chocolate
I’ve always been fascinated with bones. They’re like beautiful sculptures. I’m also a chocolate lover and love how the taboo element of pseudo cannibalism plays with the naughty indulgence of eating sweets. A match made in…heaven?– Marina Malvada, Owner and Artist, Cannibal Confections
I make many batches of this minty fudge to give as Christmas gifts. It’s not too sweet, so it appeals to lots of palates. —Sue Schindler, Barnesville, Minnesota
81 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract.
- Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 2 pounds.