With a cake-like brownie bottom and layers of chocolate and hot fudge, this scrumptious treat is a chocolate lover’s dream. “It’s my most requested recipe,” Bonnie Bowen confirms from Adrian, Michigan.
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin (mixture will be thick).
- Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding; beat until well blended.
- Spread over cake. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, spread whipped topping over dessert. Drizzle with fudge and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 20 servings.