Show Grandma you care with this keepsake. The red wire is very flexible, so she can extract the note and treat while keeping the ornament to remind her of her sweetheart.
- 16-inch length of 20-gauge silver craft wire
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Wire cutters or nail clippers
- Red craft wire (24 gauge or higher)
- Heart-shaped note and treat
- To make the heart, bend the craft wire around a pencil to form a loop 4 inches from one end (A).
- Center the loop atop a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, and wrap the wire around the heart, pressing to shape it (B).
- After you’ve made 2 loops, twist the ends together and trim the excess with wire cutters or nail clippers.
- Remove the cookie cutter, then secure one end of a 3-foot length of red craft wire (24 gauge or higher) to the heart (C).
- Run the red wire across the heart’s front and back, wrapping it around the silver wire at each pass. Enclose a heart-shaped note and treatas you go (D).
- Tuck in the end of the red wire and tie a ribbon through the loop for hanging.
Source: familyfun.go.com –